New MCC Work Checklist
Project Apollo Mission Control Completion Checklist and Notes
The required development can be split into two sides that can be worked concurrently, the LV side and the GC side. The LV side is to solve the shortcomings of the existing Saturn implementation and make it able to accept and fly an IGM OUT-OF-ORBIT guidance solution set from the ground. The GC side is to solve a translunar injection trajectory sufficiently to create an IGM OUT-OF-ORBIT solution set for uplink to the LV, transmit the solution set to the LV, and monitor the mission subsequently.
STEPS TO COMPLETION: M1,M2, etc. are MILESTONE steps.
- 1: Establish LVDC main-loop and sub-loop
- 2: Write the LVDC++ software pre-IGM guidance routines
- 3: Write the LVDC++ software IGM guidance routines
- M1: LVDC++ should be able to fly to parking orbit. Tune until correct.
- 4: Create LV communications, batteries, data up/down links, and internal systems.
- Block here until GC is completed to M1
- 5: Calculate effective S/N ratio of ground communications loop, given the LV antenna configuration and power.
- M2: The main loop should now be able to make a YES/NO decision as to whether or not we have communications with the ground at any given time. Tune until AOS/LOS times are close to real.
- Block here until GC is completed to M3
- 6: Fly the uploaded trajectory.
- M3: With both projects at M3 the work is completed.
- 1: Establish Ground main-loop
- 2: Upgrade CM communications for proper current drain and operational characteristics.
- 3: Calculate and correct the list of ground stations.
- 4: In the main loop, calculate distance and direction to nearest ground station.
- 5: In the main loop, calculate effective S/N ratio of ground communications loop, given the CM antenna configuration and power.
- M1: The main loop should now be able to make a YES/NO decision as to whether or not we have communications with the ground at any given time. Tune until AOS/LOS times are close to real.
- 6: Create voice receive method for the CM, including timer and use of debug line for text.
- 7: Create controller sub-loop for CAPCOM
- 8: Create controller sub-loop for BOOSTER
- 9: Implement coordination between LV data downlink, BOOSTER officer, and CAPCOM
- M2: At this point, the LV should be in parking orbit and the crew should have data and voice communications to and from the ground. These can be used as templates to put together the rest of the ground crew and the RTCC.
- 10: Generate a translunar trajectory based on the LV telemetry. (Remote ground control will not have Orbiter as a data source, so the trajectory solution cannot use any data not available in the telemetry data!)
- M3: Transmit the translunar trajectory to the LV.